The “ACE – Accelerated Composites Essentials” course combines a broad range of the subject matter instructed in ACT’s Modules #1, #2, #3, RBMS #1, #2, RIP, RPT and Autoclave courses.
Multi-Media presentations combined with “hands-on” shop projects will emphasize the “Applied Technology” aspects of working with aviation & aerospace advanced composite materials for manufacturing & structural repair operations.
Subject matter included in this intensive 5-day course will include:
- Damage types and causes for both manufacturing and in-service composite structures
- An overview of NDI technologies (mechanical impedance, Ultrasound, Thermography, Laser Shearography)
- Lightning Strike Protection (LSP)
- Basic composite laminate design principals, thermal properties of materials / structures
- Hot Bonder operations, cure cycle development, heat sinking, autoclave operations
- Pre-Preg fibers, laminating & vacuum bagging techniques
- “Hands-on” projects for laminate structural repairs
- Composite materials management, storage & shipping
- Health & Safety practices
- Quality control / Quality assurance programs
Prior composites experience or training is highly reccommended.
All texts, manuals, tools, materials and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) are provided on the course by ACT.